Know Before You Go
NOTICE: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Things may be different from the last time you visited, so please see below for new protocols.
What We Know
Avalanche Bay Indoor Waterpark will be remain closed until February 1, 2021 based on the emergency order issued by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) on December 18, 2020. Upon re-opening, Avalanche Bay Indoor Waterpark will continue operations at our current 25% capacity limits. Your safety and satisfaction are our utmost priorities and we will continue on our pledge to provide you with a safe and splashtacular experience!
As we welcome guests to the resort this winter, we want you to know that our commitment to the safety of our patrons and employees is unwavering. In light of increasing cases of COVID-19 statewide, we are now strictly enforcing all guests to wear face coverings in common areas of the resort and waterpark. Within the waterpark, this will include the kiosk and Snack Shack lines, locker rooms, as well as common seating and dining areas. Masks will also be required at all indoor resort locations such as our restaurants, hotel lobbies, Adventure Center, and restrooms. Employees are required to wear face masks at all times.
As we embark on a phased reopening of the waterpark, we've made updates based on guidance from local health authorities, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and appropriate government agencies. These measures are designed to promote:
- Physical distancing
- Reduced contact
Things may be different from the last time you visited. But together, we can find new ways to create splashtacular memories!
New Day Pass Reservation Process
Avalanche Bay Indoor Waterpark is open! There are some changes to promote physical distancing, including:
- Hours of Operations: To maintain the 25% capacity limit as required Michigan Governor's executive order, Avalanche Bay will be open Friday - Monday and will offer multiple sessions with a maximum capacity of 250 guests per session. Each session will be followed by a sanitation period. Sessions are as follows:
- Friday: 10am-1pm, 2-5pm; 6-9pm
- Saturday: 10am-1pm, 2-5pm, 6-9pm
- Sunday: 10am-1pm, 2-5pm, 6-9pm
- Holidays: We will be open additional days during holiday periods. Full full hours of operations please click here.
- Day Pass Reservations: Park attendance will be managed by all guests purchasing their day passes online in advance. Children, age 2 and under, still splash free, but must reserve a day pass in advance to enter. No day passes may be purchased at the waterpark kiosk. To enter the park, guests will need to provide their day pass confirmation number. Season pass holders do not need to reserve their day pass prior to arrival.
Please note that Avalanche Bay attractions, as well as Boyne Mountain lodging, restaurants, experiences and other offerings may be modified and will be limited in capacity and subject to limited availability or closure, based on direction from health experts and government officials to promote physical distancing.
You May Have Many Questions as you prepare to travel again, and we want to help! We have compiled a list of frequently asked questions and answers. We'll add more as necessary, so check back frequently prior to your visit.