Know Before You Go!
Are wristbands required to be in the waterpark?
All guests who enter the park floor must have a wristband.
- Observers may watch the waterpark floor from the second floor mezzanine at no cost. Seating is limited.
- Chaperone Passes allow guests on the main floor and are available for $10.
- Children, ages 10 and under, must be accompanied by an adult with either a Day/Half Day Pass or a Chaperone Pass
Do we have to stay at a BOYNE property to use the waterpark?
Patrons of Avalanche Bay Indoor Waterpark are welcome to splash and play for the day without being a resort lodging guest. Daily non-resort lodging guest admission rates apply.
Are there lockers available?
Yes. All day keyless lockers are available in three different sizes for $6, $8, and $12 per day. Kiosks for purchase located inside each locker room, cash or credit accepted.
Do we need to bring towels?
Towels are provided complimentary, but availability is not guaranteed.
What is the proper attire for the park?
We request that you do not wear denim shorts or suits with zippers or snaps. Also, all jewelry, watches, plastic, or metal hair clips must be removed before entering the water.
Are Personal Flotation Devices allowed?
Only Coast Guard approved personal flotation devices will be allowed inside the waterpark. No inflatable rings, mats or toys of any kind are allowed. Approved child flotation devices are provided by Avalanche Bay Indoor Waterpark at no cost.
Can guests bring food and drink into the waterpark?
No. State law prohibits the use of glass, coolers, or any carry-in food in the waterpark or outdoor patio area. Our own Après Ski Pub and Snack Shack is a great alternative with something for every appetite.
What's the temperature inside Avalanche Bay?
We keep it comfortable, between 84-87° Fahrenheit.
Does Avalanche Bay have lifeguards?
Yes, our lifeguards are certified through Jeff Ellis and Associates. Ellis currently certifies 99% of the world's waterparks.
Are water shoes allowed?
Yes, and they are encouraged. The only ride that we will require you to remove your water shoes is The Big Couloir.
Are strollers and wheelchairs allowed?
Yes, strollers and wheelchairs are allowed.
What are the height restrictions for each attraction?
- Children must be under 36 inches tall to be in the Kitz Pool. The deepest part of Activity Pool is four feet, six inches deep.
- There are no restrictions for Splasherhorn.
- Riders must be at least 48 inches tall and less than 300-pounds to ride The Big Couloir.
- Children must be 46 inches tall to ride the Super-G and Vertigo slides unaccompanied by an adult.
- Riders must be as tall as the boogie board to surf on the Rip Zone Surf Simulator. All guests MUST sign a waiver to participate in stand-up surfing.
Can children be left alone at the waterpark?
All children, ages 10 years and younger, MUST be accompanied by a ticketed adult, ages 18 and up.
Do children need to wear swim diapers?
Swim diapers are required for all non-toilet trained participants and are available for purchase within the park. A $100 fine will apply if an accident without proper attire occurs.
Can kids ride Vertigo and Super-G?
All children, under 46 inches tall, must ride with an adult on Vertigo and Super-G slides in a double tube.
What hours is the Arcade open?
The Arcade is open during the waterpark's hours of operation.
Is an Avalanche Bay wristband required in the Arcade?
A wristband is not required to be in the Arcade.
What is the water temperature inside Avalanche Bay Indoor Waterpark?
We keep it comfortable, between 82-85° Fahrenheit.
How do you keep the water kept clean?
In addition to the use of chlorine, we have a top-of-the-line UV and OZONE system that can kill bacteria faster than chlorine. Water quality is monitored 24 hours a day by our state-of-the-art computer system.